Terms and Conditions for Venue Hire of Thurning Hall
Please sign and return this document to Wedding Bookings, Thurning Hall, Thurning, Dereham, Norwich, NR20 5QY. Your booking will not be confirmed until the initial deposit is paid and these signed terms are received by Thurning Hall.
- Your contract is with Thurning Hall, Thurning, Dereham, Norwich, NR20 5QY
- In these terms, “venue” means the venue at Thurning Hall where your wedding is agreed to be held, “wedding” also means (where applicable) a civil partnership.
BOOKING AND PAYMENT TERMS
- Once your function date, details and approximate guest numbers have been agreed, an initial non-refundable deposit of 50% and the return of these signed terms and conditions will be required. Thurning Hall will then confirm your booking and the date the balance of your account will be due. The remainder of the balance is required 28 days prior to your wedding. A charge of 5% will be added to an overdue account.
- We appreciate that on occasions someone else (such as a parent) may wish to make payments due to us on your behalf. We are happy to accept such payments, but please note that unless we agree otherwise with you in writing you are legally responsible for any payments due to us.
- Any breakages and damages to the house, chattels, gardens and outside ornamentation will be invoiced directly to the couple after the event. Cancellation by You
- If you want to cancel a confirmed booking, you must do so in writing and the provisions in the next paragraph shall apply.
- Please note that the initial non-refundable deposit of 50% will be retained as a cancellation fee.
VENUE DETAILS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Thurning Hall seats 50 guests in the ceremony room (not including the bride and bridegroom). This complies with the health and safety laws. No more guests are permitted to enter the house.
- All service providers must be approved by Thurning Hall prior to booking. This includes marquee firms, generator firms, caterers, bars and toilet hire. Firms that are not known to the venue can be approved by Thurning hall at their discretion and may be asked to meet the venues owners before they are accepted as service providers. Service providers not known to Thurning Hall will be asked to provide their public liability insurance certificate (minimum £2 million). If when requested the service provider fails to provide this information they will not be permitted onto the property.
- The hire and arranging of chairs for the ceremony is the responsibility of the clients.
- Access to the venue’s grounds will be allowed once the marquee (if any) is erected.
- Access to Thurning Hall if used for the ceremony and or reception is allowed one day before the wedding.
- The clients must remove all rubbish and bottles by 6pm on the day after hire. If the venue has to clean up after any clients, a charge will be added to the final account.
Music and Entertainment
- Thurning Hall only allows acoustic music within the function rooms.
- All Music at Thurning Hall must finish by 11pm and guests to vacate the hall and grounds by 11.30pm.
- A Surcharge of £100 per every half hour that the music is played and or the guests remain in the venue or on the grounds will be added to the clients account.
- All live bands and discos for entertainment in a marquee in the grounds of Thurning Hall are to be approved by the venues owner.
- All entertainment in a marquee in the venues grounds to finish by 12am. All guests to vacate the marquee and grounds by 12.30am.
- Fireworks can be used at the owner’s discretion.
Health, Safety and Antisocial Behaviour
- Thurning Hall has a zero tolerance policy regarding illegal activities, vandalism and rude and abusive behaviour towards the owner or any of their representatives. Illegal activities will immediately be reported to the police. Rude and abusive guests will be asked to leave the venue and grounds with immediate effect.
- Thurning Hall is a beautiful private country house and a family home. We ask that all clients’ guests behave and treat with respect the house and grounds. We ask you not to enter any fields containing livestock.
- No lighting of fires is allowed, including the use of Chinese Lanterns which can frighten livestock and set fire to dry areas of our land and countryside.
- The lake and river are not to be used for paddling or swimming.
- Dogs are not allowed at Thurning Hall
- Smoking is not allowed inside Thurning Hall, please be respectful of the residents when disposing of cigarette ends.
- All children are regarded as the responsibility of the clients and the children’s parents. All children must remain within the entertainment area and be supervised at all times. Please be aware that there is open water at the venue. For the safety of children, and the privacy of the owners, please ensure that children are not left unsupervised in the Thurning Hall grounds.